In today's competitive market place, this total turnkey service offering provides our clients with value added rewards through efficient site and cost management skills and critical path scheduling efforts. These project rewards, based upon the strength of our self-perform capabilities and our in-house expertise and management skills, has lead to continued success.
A successful project is the result of a well defined and executed preconstruction plan. Working with our clients, architects, engineers and consultant representatives as a cooperative team member to determine and then achieve specific goals in ways that work best for each client.
Complete Preconstruction services
- Conceptual Estimating
- Conceptual Systems Analysis
- Master Scheduling
- Project Budget
- Value Engineering
- Scheduling and Phasing
- Long-lead item analysis
- MWBE compliance
- Permit procurement assistance
- Bid package coordination
Osman Construction Corporation has been providing clients with general contracting services since 1946. Our clients rely on us for our dedication, experience and smooth synchronization and coordination between owner, architect, subcontractors, engineers and municipalities. We hire the best in class and ensure our project managers and superintendents are empowered to make necessary decisions on their projects.
Complete General Contracting services
- Cost monitoring and control
- Schedule development and control
- Subcontractor management
- Field engineering and site management
- Safety assurance
- Project meetings
- Reports and records
- Project accounting
- Change management
- Shop drawings and material submittal review
- Quality control
- System start up and testing
- Certification of substantial and final completion
Osman Construction Corporation is able to provide owners with the advantage of our years of experience in assessing plans for constructability and life-cycle costs. We are able to perform value engineering for significant savings based on modifications to methods, materials, and equipment, frequently making over-budget projects feasible. Osman manages the construction phase to ensure project delivery within schedule and budget.
Complete Construction Management services
- Schedule and budget evaluations
- Value engineering
- Constructability reviews
- Accuracy checks on cost estimates
- Weighing project alternatives
- Structuring bid packages for lowest cost construction
- Monitoring and coordinating daily construction activities
Self Perform Capabilities
Our full-time staff of more than 100 experienced trades people allows us to self-perform many phases of construction. This minimizes costs and maximizes productivity. We also believe by using our own experts, and by maintaining our own schedules, we improve dependability, customer confidence and on-time performance.
These services include:
- Selective Demolition
- Masonry and Stonework
- Rough and Finish Carpentry
- Store Fixturing
LEED & Green Building Practices
The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) program, developed by the US Green Building Council (USGBC), provides a set of principles for environmentally sustainable construction. LEED is an open process, where the technical standards proposed by the committees are publicly reviewed for approval by the membership organizations that comprise the USGBC. There are 4 levels of LEED Certification: Certified, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
LEED was created to accomplish several objectives; among them are:
- To define “Green building” by instituting a common criterion of measurement
- To acknowledge environmental leadership in the building industry
- To encourage green competition
- To transform the building market
- To promote integrated, whole-building design practices
- To raise consumer awareness of green building benefits
The LEED rating system addresses six major areas:
- Sustainable sites
- Water efficiency
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- Innovation and design process
It is clear that the main goals of LEED and Green Building practices are to protect and preserve our environment. However, with careful analysis of the various methods used in constructing “Green”, they may also provide immediate and long-term economic benefits for developers, building owners and occupants. The USGBC states that benefits of building Green include energy cost savings, increased employee productivity, decreased absenteeism and increased property value. Aurora is careful to present not only the costs associated with LEED but the potential benefits as well.
Like most companies, we are dedicated to quality, safety and service. To prove our dedication, we've taken the extra step of implementing a structured quality control program. We evaluate every definable scope of work throughout a project's lifecycle on a weekly basis. We find this the best way to avoid costly rework and achieve our goal of doing work correctly the first time.
The Osman quality control program includes:
- Establishment of project quality expectations and requirements at the pre-construction meeting these standards are then shared with every subcontractor that comes on the job
- Weekly quality walk-through conducted by project team members
- Submission of weekly evaluations on time sheets
- Quality evaluations based on CSI divisions of work every project element is rated
- Review and sign off of weekly quality reports by project superintendents
- Monthly internal project reviews by upper management
- Random site visits by members of our quality committee (sites with unusually high or low quality rating scores are visited more frequently)
- Corrective action should quality assessments reveal work that does not meet the expectations agreed upon
Producing high quality work is in everyone's best interest. Our clients deserve it. Our success depends on it.
Safety is paramount in construction. At Osman Construction Corporation our project teams, along with our corporate safety director, work closely with clients to set our comprehensive Safety and Loss Prevention Program with their specific requirements. Osman Construction Corporation has a written corporate safety program that helps us see and evade potential safety challenges before they become an issue that might harm any person or entity. This program is based on the following basic components:
Safety and Loss Prevention Program
Outlines dedication to safety and health on all with which Osman Construction Corporation is involved.
Safety Training & Meetings
Job-specific training provided for all Osman Construction Corporation employees, in the office or on the job.
Outlines the safety audit process for Osman Construction Corporation's employees and subcontractors.
Process for investigating and reporting injuries.
Commitment to meet and exceed the health and safety requirements of federal and state jurisdictions.
We all have excellent reputations to uphold. More significantly, none of us wish for the health and welfare of anyone be put at risk or jeopardized.